2019 Volunteer Opportunities, Internships & Free Classes
To learn more or to register, contact us via email at: . If you’re interested participating, we encourage you to invite a friend as well 🙂
Code Sport has a number of part-time volunteer opportunities as well as internships available beginning June 15, 2019.
You will be given the opportunity create, teach, learn, and make life-long friends! You are free to work remotely offsite or with us onsite at one of our meetup locations in Durham, NC.
NB: We are a Christian owned and managed business. You don’t have to be a Christian to work with us, but we do ask that you respect our Christian values.
Email us at to register and to receive the screen share links.
June 2019 Seminars are completed
- Monday, July 2, 2019 at 7:15 PM (EDT/GMT:-5:00/NY Time): Python Review
- Tuesday, July 3, 2019 at 7:30 PM (EDT/GMT:-5:00/NY Time): Node.js Review
- Wednesday, July 4, 2019 at 8:15 PM (EDT/GMT:-5:00/NY Time): Statistics Review/Algo Trading
- Thursday, July 5, 2019 at 7:15 PM (EDT/GMT:-5:00/NY Time): Build a WordPress Theme from Scratch
- Saturday, July 6, 2019 at 7:15 PM (EDT/GMT:-5:00/NY Time): Solidity Code Review
- Sunday, July 7, 2019 at 7:15 PM (EDT/GMT:-5:00/NY Time): Statistics Review/Algo Trading
- Monday, July 8, 2019 at 7:30 PM (EDT/GMT:-5:00/NY Time): Python Review
- …more dates and times to come
Class schedule TBD
Projects You Can Work On
These projects span internal initiatives as well a public, open-sourced projects. In order of urgency, here’s what we’re doing:
- Web Design/Graphic Design/WordPress Theme Development (HTML5, Bootstrap 4, PHP, CSS)
We will redesign and relaunch our website this year!
- Google Online Marketing & Training Certification Program
- Google Enterprise Partner Program Application
- Mining Rig Auto Hard Reset Tool: https://github.com/codesport/auto-hard-reset
- Truffle: Overview, Build Your first dApp
- Duke University Blockchain Lab
- How To Learn Solidity: The Ultimate Ethereum Coding Guide
- Loom Network dApp Tutorial
- Learn Python: Google’s Python Class and Learn Python The Hard Way
- Learn Python: Learn and Use Python to Automate Windows 10 Tasks
- Platform: Quantopian
- Risk Model
- Pipeline API Crash Course
- Error Variance, Least Squares
- Bivariate Numerical Data (Khan Academy): Review 1, Review 2, Review 3, Review 4, Review 5
- Linear Regression
- Multivariate Regression
For live hosting, RamNode offers the best value at $5/month
- Install Tutorial (SERP), Install Tutorial 1, Install Tutorial 2, Install Tutorial 3, Beginners Guide Tutorial, High Level Overview
We’re open to working with anyone from any part of the world. You set your own hours and your work load. You will be given the opportunity create, teach, learn, and make life-long friends!
For those living in the Triangle area of North Carolina, we plan to host ad hoc onsite social events with free food. For those working remotely we’ll host live webinars with project updates, code reviews, and training sessions.
We ask that each person interested invite a friend or acquaintance who may also be interested in helping us.
Here’s a high-level of what we look for:
- Our parent company is a Christian managed and family-owned business. You don’t have to be a Christian to work with us, but we do ask you respect our values.
- Be willing to teach and share your knowledge with others through our hosted webinars
- Have a positive, can-do attitude
- Have decent communication skills
- We’re a business, so we ask that you be reliable and keep your commitments
For experienced coders you will work on cutting edge tech, tackle challenging projects, make new friends from all over the world, impact small local business, and mentor junior coders!
For newbie and junior coders, you’ll have the chance to build deep technical skills, be recognized by building a portfolio on github as well as obtain mentoring and career advice from senior software engineers.