Overview: LAMP, Mail Server, and Systems Admin Track
|Test Drive Bundle||Per Class||Course Bundle|
|188.12||$185.57 per class||2 Payments of 649.50|
LAMP Stack Foundations (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP/Python) covers topics few developers have opportunity to master. It is a critical learning track for anyone interested in software development or migrating code and apps from a laptop to a live web server for the world to see.
Meet your teachers and learn more about this course by attending our upcoming Test Drive.
Level: Beginner to Intermediate
Maximum Class Size: 5 students to every 1 teacher
At the end of this course you will know how to quickly build, secure, deploy, and maintain enterprise-grade Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP server stacks. You will also master critical command line directives, DNS configuration options as well as native and 3rd party mail server deployments. A single LAMP server instance can theoretically host an unlimited number of web sites — server memory (i.e., cost) is the primary limiting factor.
Course Outline: LAMP, Mail Server, and Systems Admin Track
LAMP Stack 101 spans three to five weeks. We meet weekend afternoons and/or weekday evenings (after 7:00 PM) in the Triangle. Total teaching time ranges between 14 and 18 hours, depending on the experience level of students in the course.
- Class 1 – Mastering the Basics: Prepping Your Laptop and Setting up a Virtual Private Server (VPS)
- Class 2 – Hands on With The LAMP Stack: LAMP Install and Server Security
- Class 3 – Domains & Configuring DNS: Domain Names and Creating “A Records”, “MX Records”, and CNAMES
- Class 4 – Email Hosting: Installing Mail Servers and Integrating 3rd Party Webmail Providers. BONUS MATERIAL: DKIM and SPF Records for Email Authentication
- Class 5 – Web Site Hosting: Host Multiple Sites on 1 Server Using Apache’s
- Class 6 – Databases for Web Apps: Intro to SQL and MySQL Database Administration
- Class X – Intro to Web Programming: Build a “Hello World” Web Page in Python and PHP. Class X will be inter-dispersed with other classes throughout this learning track.
- Class 7 – Overflow Class: This class will be used to catch-up on course material in the event we’re unable to finish prior classes within a 2 to 3 hour time-frame
Technical Competencies and Corporate IT Job Functions Covered
Whether you’re managing the IT infrastructure for your company or simply want to create and host your own apps, this track will give you competency in the following areas:
- DNS and Domain Name Configuration
- MySQL Database Administration
- Web Server Administration
- Email Hosting and Mail Server Administration
- Linux Command Line and Systems Administration (SysAdmin)